This module is for Grades: 9-10 Welcome
Authors of science and technical information often explain quantitative or technical information either in words or in visuals in order to help the reader understand the information. In this module, you will learn how to determine the author’s purpose and analyze the author’s choice in relaying technical information, either visually, through text or through a combination, in order to serve the overall purpose.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the author’s purpose.
- Pair information represented visually or mathematically with appropriate text.
- Pair quantitative or technical information in text with a visual representation.
- Create captions for selected visuals through identifying and analyzing important words and phrases in text that demonstrate informational relationships.
- Judge and critique the author’s use of visuals to aid the reader’s understanding of quantitative or technical information.
RST. 9-10.7 - Translate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text into visual form (e.g., a table or a chart) and translate information expressed visually or mathematically (e.g., in an equation) into words.
- Qualitative/ Quantitative